Global Interventional Cardiology Market: Focus on Devices (Conventional and Advanced), End Users, and Regions- Analysis and Forecast, 2018-2027
Cardiovascular diseases are the major cause of death across the globe. It accounted for 17.3 million deaths in 2015 and is further anticipated to claim 23.6 million lives in 2030 (according to an estimation by the World Health Organization). The rise in geriatric population worldwide has resulted in an increased prevalence of the disease. Moreover, change in eating habits, increased stress, smoking, and alcohol consumption, and disturbed sleeping patterns are some of the key factors contributing to the deteriorating health conditions and to the rise in chronic diseases such as diabetes and cardiac diseases. The International Diabetes Federation has estimated that approximately 415 million people were diabetic in 2015 while the number is expected rise to 642 million worldwide by 2040. Therefore, increased incidence of cardiac diseases accompanied by the rise in healthcare expenditure in the medical device industry are expected to lead the growth of the interventional cardiology market.
The interventional cardiology devices industry is a multi-billion-dollar market which consists of multitudinous companies involved in the manufacturing of catheters, stents, valves, angioplasty balloons, and other cardiac interventional instruments to meet the increasing demand of people suffering from cardiovascular disorders. The advanced cardiac intervention market provides treatment option for a range of cardiovascular diseases including coronary artery disease, heart valve disease, and peripheral vascular disease, among others.
The purpose of this study is to gain a holistic view of the interventional cardiology market in terms of various influencing factors such as recent trends and technological advancements. The scope of this report constitutes of an in-depth study of the global interventional cardiology market, including a thorough analysis of the products across different regions. The market has been segmented into ‘devices’, ‘end users’, and ‘regions’. The ‘devices’ segment consists of both conventional and advanced devices. Advanced devices cover the technologically advanced imaging modalities such as IntraVenous UltraSound (IVUS), Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR), and Optical Coherent Tomography (OCT). The report presents the reader with an opportunity to unlock comprehensive insights with respect to the market and helps in forming well informed strategic decisions. The research uncovers some of the substantial parameters that must be taken into consideration before entering into the market.
This research report aims at answering various aspects of the global interventional cardiology market with the help of the key factors driving the market, restraints that can possibly inhibit the overall market growth, and the current growth opportunities that are going to shape the future trajectory of the market expansion. The report includes an in-depth examination of the key ecosystem players and key strategies and developments taking place in this market. Moreover, the report includes chapters on market dynamics (market drivers, opportunities, and challenges) and industry analysis as well.
The research study considers the market share analysis for a comprehensive understanding of the global interventional cardiology market, and assesses the factors governing the same. Detailed product mapping have been included in the report. The market (by region) has been further sub-segmented in various countries, and in each sub-segment the key market trends, list of the key players, and the recent developments that have taken place, have been discussed.
The answers to the following key questions can be derived from this report:
- What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global interventional cardiology market
- What was the market value of the leading segments and sub-segments of the global interventional cardiology market in 2017
- How will each segment of the global interventional cardiology market grow during the forecast period and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2027
- What are the influencing factors that may affect the market share of the key players
- How will the industry evolve during the forecast period 2018-2027
- What are the key developmental strategies that are implemented by the key players to sustain in this market
- Who are the key players in the interventional cardiology devices and end user market and what are their contributions
- What are the major benefits of the implementation of interventional cardiology in different fields of applications including angioplasty, stent placement, coronary thrombectomy, valvuloplasty, percutaneous valve repair or replacement, and congenital heart abnormalities
- What is the scope of interventional cardiology in the emerging economies of Asia-Pacific and Latin America
- What is the scope for expansion by the key players of the interventional cardiology market in the developed countries of North America and Europe
The key players who have been contributing significantly to the interventional cardiology market include Abiomed, Inc., ACIST Medical Systems, Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Biosensors International Group, Ltd., Biotronik SE & Co. KG, Boston Scientific Corporation, C. R. Bard, Inc., Cook Medical LLC, Cordis Corporation, Edwards Lifesciences Corporation, GE Healthcare, Life Vascular Devices Biotech S.L., Biostense Webster, Inc., Medtronic Plc, Merit Medical Systems, Inc., Novacam Technologies Inc., Koninklijke Philips N.V., St. Jude Medical, Terumo Corporation, and W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc., among others.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.