Photonic Sensors and Detectors: Technologies and Global Markets
The global photonic sensors and detectors market was worth $6.3 billion in 2013. This market is expected to increase from nearly $7.3 billion in 2014 to about $15.2 billion in 2019, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.9% during the five-year period from 2014 to 2019.
- An overview of the global market for photonic sensors and detectors
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Discussion concerning photonic sensor and detector technology, application, geography, major manufacturers, and factors influencing their demand
- Information about the properties of photonics including the generation, transmission, emission, modulation, switching, signal processing, and amplification of light
- Details about different types of sensors including fiber optic sensors, distributed sensors, point sensors, laser sensors, and biophotonic sensors
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the photonic sensor and detector field
SCOPE OF REPORT
This report represents an in-depth analysis of the global photonic sensor and detector market by type, technology, application and geography. The report discusses the differentiation between photonic sensors and detectors to derive specific market estimation. The report discusses a comparative study between conventional and emerging sensors and the importance of the advances in photonic sensors and detectors. Emerging trends such as commercialization of photonic bio-chemical sensors and green photonics are also discussed in the report. The report also discusses strategies adopted by major players in the global photonic sensor and detector market. Patent analysis imparted in the report provides a snapshot of technological trends in the global market over time as well as geographically— namely for the U.S., Europe and Japan. The global photonic sensor and detector market is segmented on the basis of type of photonic sensors as: fiber optic sensors, image sensors, biophotonic sensors and others. The photonic devices are segmented as: single photon counting modules (SPCM), avalanche photodiodes, photodiodes, phototransistors, analog optoisolator and optocoupler, photocell and others. The photonic sensors and detectors are produced by using technologies such as fiber optics, laser technology and biophotonic technology.
Photonic sensors included in the report are as follows:
- Fiber optic sensors including Bragg grating sensors, distributed sensors, quasi-distributed sensors and point sensors.
- Charge-coupled devices (CCD), complementary metal oxide semiconductors (CMOS), position-sensitive detectors (PSD) and photoelectric sensors.
- Biophotonic sensors including intrinsic and extrinsic sensors.
The applications the report covers include:
- Homeland Security.
- Industrial process.
- Factory automation.
- Civil structures.
- Micro fluidic.
- Bio and environmental analytics.
- Wind energy turbines.
- Oil and gas.
The analyst for this report is Pawan Kumar. Mr. Kumar has more than five years of experience in information technology. He holds a BA and an MBA degree in marketing and has authored various market research deliverables in the ICT domain.